Studies eligible for co-enrolment with PRISM
Effective 10th April 2018
- A research study to investigate whether transgenic mesenchymal stem cells expressing hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type-1 can attenuate inflammation in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
IRAS (UK): 204225
- Add Aspirin Trial
- A phase III, double blind, placebo controlled, randomised trial assessing
the effects of aspirin on disease recurrence and survival after primary therapy in common non
metastatic solid tumours. ISRCTN: 74358648
- A phase III trial comparing standard versus novel CRT as pre-operative treatment for MRI defined locally advanced rectal cancer
- The influence of anaesthetic depth on patient outcome after major surgery (The BALANCED Anaesthesia Study).
Clinical Trials Gov: NCT02073357
- The CIPHER Study
- UK Cohort study to Investigate the prevention of Parastomal Hernia
(Phase B). ISRCTN: 17573805
- Exercise inDuced Changes In Colorectal Cancer Tissues
Clinical Trials Gov: NCT02056691
- ESPAC 5F
- European Study group for Pancreatic Cancer - Trial 5F
Please liaise with the ESPAC 5F team whether patient can be co-enrolled.
- Fast Track Faecal Calprotectin
- Prospective Assessment of the Predictive Power of Faecal Calprotectin in Patients with Fast Track Colorectal Symptoms.
IRAS (UK): 156515
- FLuid Optimisation in Emergency LAparotomy Trial
IRAS (UK): 214459
- Fluoropyrimidine, Oxaliplatin & Targeted Receptor pre-Operative Therapy for colon cancer. A randomised trial assessing whether preoperative chemotherapy and/or an anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody improves outcome in high-risk operable colon cancer.
Please notify the Foxtrot team which patient has been co-enrolled.
- Graduated compression as an Adjunct to Pharmacoprophylaxis in Surgery
- Hughes Abdominal Repair Trial (HART) – Abdominal wall closure techniques to reduce the incidence of incisional hernias: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Hartmann’s procedure versus Intersphincteric APE (HiP Study)
Clinical Trials Gov: NCT02702089
- The IBD Bioresource
- The Inflammatory Bowel Disease BioResource: Progressing from Genetics to Function and Clinical Translation in Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis
IRAS (UK): 20664
- A phase III randomised trial investigating the combination of dose-fractionated chemotherapy and bevacizumab compared to either strategy alone for the first-line treatment of women with newly diagnosed high-risk stage III-IV epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer.
- IPF JES
- A case-control study to investigate whether occupational asbestos exposure is an under-recognized cause of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) using an interview to measure previous asbestos exposure and a blood test to investigate genetic susceptibility.
- Cattell Warren versus Blumgart techniques of pancreatico-jejunostomy following pancreato-duodenectomy – a double blinded multi-centre trial
- Psychological Outcomes following a nurse-led Preventative Psychological Intervention for critically ill patients.
- Improving perioperative care through the use of quality data: Patient Study of the Perioperative Quality Improvement Programme.
IRAS (UK): 215928
- Supportive Exercise Programmes for Accelerating Recovery after major Abdominal Cancer surgery
- A randomised double-blind controlled phase III study to compare the efficacy and safety of intravenous ferric carboxymaltose with placebo in patients with anaemia undergoing major open abdominal surgery.
- A pragmatic randomised controlled trial to determine whether Extracorporeal Carbon Dioxide Removal (VV-ECCO2R) and lower tidal volume mechanical ventilation in patients with hypoxaemic respiratory failure improves 90 day mortality
NB! Co-enrolment has been deemed possible only on occasions when the patient has participated in PRISM before participating in REST. Patients should not be enrolled in PRISM after having participated in REST.
- ROCkeTS Study
- A test accuracy study to validate new risk scores in women with symptoms of suspected ovarian cancer protocol
- SPICE III
- Early Goal Directed Sedation Compared with Standard Care in Mechanically Ventilated Patients in Intensive Care
- The 65 Trial
- Evaluating the clinical and cost-effectiveness of permissive hypotension in critically ill patients aged 65 years or over with vasodilatory hypotension
- Point Of Care Testing For Sepsis In ICU Patients: A Diagnostic Accuracy Study.
- POETICS (VIP1)
- Prospective study on over eighty year old intensive care patients. This study is being undertaken in the UK and is part of a larger multinational multi centre study called VIP (Very old ICU Patients)
IRAS (UK): 212594